1.09.2009

Big Day

Early birds get the worm, or maybe they get an MRI! Emerson was restless all night as she anticipated her follow-up MRI this morning. She woke up twice to ask me how much longer til she could wake up! Nana made her a deal: survive the MRI sans anesthesia, Nana takes you to get your ears pierced! I think Nana's deal was the real reason for her restlessness! Despite the radiology tech's lack of confidence in her ability to hold still without being put to sleep, Emerson was able to conquer her task! After all, the girl wanted her ears pierced! Everyone was amazed! Emerson was a rock star patient! No anesthesia necessary!

Off to Claire's we went! Two of them, that is! The girl at the first one told us she was sick and might pass out if she pierced any ears. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. On to the next one. I asked the high school worker piercing professional if this was her first time... she didn't think I was funny! I wasn't trying to be funny: a mom needs to know whose hands are on her child's lobes.

She said she wasn't nervous!


She said it didn't hurt at all! After all, the girl has felt much worse! As always, she was a trooper!

Back home we went for more fun! The girls suckered talked Nana into some home-grown mani/pedis! Emerson picked out a Klutz Nail Art book for her major award for the day! They broke it in as evidenced above! And after Camden finished Nana's toes and fingers, she asked Nana "Do you have any more fingers I can do?"!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

As always, I am very proud of you Emerson!